Healthcare is an ever-evolving ecosystem. The demand for medical professionals increases with each passing day. However, pursuing a medical curriculum is an expensive affair. The limited availability of seats, strict entrance examinations, yet a desire for a bright future in medicine, make a prospective student explore the options of studying abroad.
Why study medicine in China, Russia, or the USA? Bangladesh delivers you the similar standards of education at an affordable rate. Let us discuss the benefits of pursuing your MBBS degree in Bangladesh.
- REMARKABLE RECOGNITION: The Medical Council of India (MCI), World Health Organisation (WHO), Education Council for Foreign Medical Graduates (CFMG), USA, Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research’s International Medical Education Directory (FAIMER’s IMED) Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME), and Medical Council of Canada (MCC) recognises the medical degree of Bangladesh’s Government and private medical colleges. This degree ensures your eligibility for significant examinations like the USMLE, PLAB (conducted in the USA), and National Board of Examinations, India’s screening test. The Medical Council Of India (MCI) supervises the screening test. Most importantly, an MBBS degree from Bangladesh allows you to practice anywhere in the world.
- ADEQUATELY AFFORDABLE: The reasonable fee structure of medical colleges in Bangladesh attracts people from all over the world. Moreover, if you belong to a SAARC nation and score 95% in your 12th class examination, you can study MBBS in Bangladesh with zero tuition fees. Also, the hostel and mess fee is cost-effective as compared to most nations abroad. The admission procedure is direct and simple (does not have an entrance exam) and has no hidden or additional cost. Furthermore, 75 seats are reserved for international students in Government colleges, while 25% in private medical colleges.
- EQUIVALENT EXPOSURE: Medical colleges in Bangladesh provide quality education to MBBS students through its highly qualified bunch of professionals. The standards of training and research facilities are comparable to foreign universities. Moreover, the students can regularly participate in foreign-exchange programs and intern at the best global medical hospitals. The students meet the patients during their clinical trials, unlike in other counties. Also, it is advantageous for an Asian student, as the same syllabus is followed (like their own country) along with conducting clinical diagnosis on similar diseases.
- LUCID LANGUAGE: English is the standard medium of instruction in all the medical institutions across Bangladesh. There is no existing language barrier in the education process. In China, the English used in communication is difficult to decipher, as compared to that of a South-Asian dialect. Hence, MBBS aspirants prioritize Bangladesh over China.
- CULTURALLY CONSISTENT: Bangladesh has a multicultural community. Food options in Bangladesh are plenty and cater to all populations of the world. Similarly, the standard of living in Bangladesh is similar to most Asian countries, implying cheap transportation facilities inside and across the globe. Furthermore, Bangladesh is a safe country for student accommodation as the universities maintain a strict curfew time for all its students.